You won’t be bored here!
A lot of the most beautiful and interesting excursions and attractions are easy to reach from Maria Alm and they form an additional programme in your holiday in Maria Alm. The following tips are also useful when the weather is not so good.
- Großglockner-High Alpine Road: A trip up Austria’s highest mountain (3798m) to Franz Josefs Höhe, is an unforgettable experience. A visit to the Naturpark Ferleiten is always worthwhile!
- Krimmler Wasserfälle and Wasserwunderwelt: Experience Europe’s highest waterfall!
- Kaprun - High altitude reservoirs: Here you can gain a whole host of new impressions, especially on the tour of the dam which gives you an insight into the technology used in the Mooser and Drossensperre!
- Eisriesenwelt Ice cave in Werfen: A miracle of nature! It is the largest ice cave in the world!
- Lamprechtshöhle in St. Martin bei Lofer With a total length of 51km it is one of the largest cave systems in Europe
- A day trip to the cultural city of Mozart Salzburg!
- Erlebnisburg Hohenwerfen: Daily bird displays with birds of prey which will leave a lasting memory of your holiday! Weapons Exhibit!
- Mittersill National Park Centre: 8 different stations show you the extraordinary diversity in the region!